Saturday, January 10, 2015

Wall Hanging, or Table Runner?

I can't decide....I started this as a "between seasons table runner" for my table. It coordinates perfectly with all my Fiestaware dishes, but doesn't really coordinate at all with the general decor in my dining room. Hmmm.
laying out my strips to figure out placement

I'm thinking maybe it will end up as a wall hanging in my kitchen instead.

I bought the pattern at IQF in Houston last fall, and I love it. I so rarely do things from other people's patterns, but....I had to have this one. I bought a few other patterns from this shop, Cherry Blossoms Quilting Studio, too. Love their stuff!

This pattern was very easy to follow, and sewed up really well. I'm stalled out as I try and decide what to do with it...it needs a bit more quilting and then I have to bind it, but I wanted to go ahead and show how it is so far and maybe you all can help me decide --- go with it on the table, or hang it on the wall...?

before quilting
halfway quilted;
I will add diagonal lines in the other direction to complete a diagonal cross hatch quilting style. Also debuting binding options...



No comments:

Post a Comment