Monday, April 23, 2012

Winter is Coming....

Today feels like winter. It's not here to stay, yet, but the signs all point to "soon."


Partly CloudyTodayTonightTomorrow
Mostly SunnyPartly CloudyPartly Cloudy
Partly CloudyMostly SunnyPartly CloudyPartly Cloudy
68°F82°59°83°
Feels Like: 68°HighLowHigh



You will note, in the forecast above, that right this minute it is 68* outside. That is COLD. At least to my tropical living self it is.

Aside from the weather report, which you may or may not believe means winter (yes, I see we'll reach 82* today....), here is how I know it's coming:

*we had to turn on the electric hot water heater last night in order to get warm, not even hot, showers
*the blankets we keep on the couch are cold to the touch when we get up in the morning
*I've switched our bed sheets from the summer sheets to the winter sheets
*I'm going to pull out the extra fuzzy blanket for my side of the bed today
*I'm wearing socks all day long now
*and jeans and a sweatshirt, just to stay comfortable in the house
*the boys are asking about hot chocolate
*and The Chemist wants to make soup for dinner
*all of which means, winter is on the way

Sadly, the quilt for The Writer is nowhere near ready. My sewing machine is being a little glitchy, so I'm working by hand at the moment. I've found a place to get the machine repaired, though, and will take it this weekend for a little tune-up and hopefully be back to machine sewing in the near future. Fortunately, The Writer doesn't mind, is quite patient, and we do have plenty of blankets. I just had hoped to have his quilt done in time for winter. Looks like that is not going to happen, unless winter stalls out.

Of course, adding in the baby project I'm working on means even slower going for The Writer's quilt, but I'm alternating and working on both, so that's fine. My quilting friends all voted and one brave soul suggested "Why not leave out the green all together???" which I deemed to be a brilliant plan, so the baby quilt will have the adorable background as pictured and then a center diamond in the purple floral and the two side diamonds in the purple marbled fabric. I am very excited about this combination, and so thankful for the sweet girl who suggested it.

What's the weather like in your neck of the woods? 

3 comments:

  1. Princess is indignantly complaining about your 'winter' Wookie has just adjusted the overnight temperature here to 16C or 60... day time the heating is set to 20C which is your 68F :lol:

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited to be the brave soul with the brilliant plan!!!! Glad I could help!

    And can't believe your "winter" is a "cool" 68 F...

    Keturah

    ReplyDelete
  3. -squeal-

    Hi, K! So glad you stopped by and found me!! I am *very* glad you tossed out that idea, as I love it and think the quilt will be much better for it! Thank you!!!

    AS for winter....ah, yes, well...what can I say? It sure *feels* cold....

    ReplyDelete