Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Red, White & Blue...again.....

Phase Two is complete!!

laid out on the love seat
this part is 37" square, more or less.
It was supposed to be 40.5" square. Oops. 


Over the weekend I managed to join all 16 individual blocks into one 4 x 4 (that's four block x four block) quilt top. Now it's just waiting for borders, which have been started.

draped over the reading chair, which I think gives a better idea of size/scale
Will the border be pieced by 4th of July????? Personally I think that's a bit ambitious and I am not going to drive myself hard to get it done by then. But we'll see! Maybe I'll have a fourth by the fourth!

In other news, I also sewed a button hole for a small project I did yesterday. I can't show the full thing, because the recipient hasn't seen it yet, but here's the button hole.
button hole. hand cut. hand sewn.
with regular needle and black thread, no special tools.
No Project Runway was watched during the stitching of the button hole.
and, it's prettier in focus....

I'm kinda proud of that little detail! My first ever button hole, and I think I did okay!

Anything you are especially proud of today, big or small? Tell me about it! 

2 comments:

  1. If you can't find me, I'm in a cold faint on the floor next to my computer chair.
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .

    What???? You hand-sewed a buttonhole????

    Ok... now I'm standing up applauding you. (and taking your temperature as I think you are crazy!)

    ♥u.

    ps... yeah on the R,W, & B! I forgot to say... go w/ the directions, I thought the pieced border was pieced blocks and that made me sweat. What you describe sounds good. Maybe this needed an e'.... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha. Jules is crackin' me up. ..on the floor. heh

    That quilt looks great.

    Looking forward to seeing photos of that little surprise once the recipient has it.

    ReplyDelete